What is a vision board?
If you have never heard of or used a 'vision board,' you might be missing out on a really powerful type of visualization. A vision board is usually a collection of photos and words meant to inspire you, keep you focused or help you to manifest an intention (or sankalpa). Vision boards can be photos within a journal, pinned to a bulletin board, glued to a poster or even digital, on your computer.
With intention, creating a vision board is much more than crafting. It can be a sacred and beautiful process. Whether you use your board in conjunction with yoga or not, it will enhance your overall experience and jump-start changes in your mind and body.
Benefits of creating a vision board:
- Provide clarity to your true desires: Knowing that you can't fit every little thing that you want or need in your life on this finite board, you must narrow down the things you want most.
- Be an active participant in your future: The creation of a vision board is just as powerful as it's existence. Being meditative within the process can help guide your intuition and creativity.
- Stay focused on your goals: It's easy to get wrapped up in day-to-day tasks and lose focus on our priorities. Seeing your vision board daily will guarantee that you're not forgetting about what's important to you.
- Notice samskaras and resistance: As you begin to study and work with your vision board on a daily basis, you will begin to discover thought patterns and beliefs that have held you back in the past. Visualizing your life as you want it will quickly show you where you need to change.
How to use a vision board:
If you create a vision board and then go home and put it in your closet, you're literally hiding and pushing away all of that energy and inspiration. A vision board is only as good as it's location and usefulness within your daily life. Finding the perfect spot in your home or office to display your board will encourage you to spend time studying it.
You might choose a time of day to dedicate to studying and meditating with your board. One of the best places or times to study your vision board is right before bed. Rather than watching TV or mindlessly scrolling through your phone, imagine the power of meditating on and visualizing your goals!
"The time you spend visualizing in the evening just before bed is especially powerful. The thoughts and images that are present in your mind during the last forty-five minutes before going to sleep are the ones that will replay themselves repeatedly in your subconscious mind through¬out the night, and the thoughts and images that you begin each day with will help you to create a vibrational match for the future you desire." - Source
I want to share more on the power of vision boarding with you and teach you how to create and call in the type of energy that you need in your life right now. I'm providing a 2-Part workshop on vision boarding to help you manifest your goals.
At my upcoming 2-Part Vision Boarding Workshop, you will learn:
[Part 1: Asana & Brainstorming]
- How to move feelings and emotions through your body
- The different types of vision boarding and which one will be most beneficial for you
- How to create a passionate and meaningful intention
- The power of words
- How to unearth your deepest needs and desires of the heart
[Part 2: Vision Board Creation]
- Discover and trust your intuition and creativity
- Why visualization really works
- The power of group intention and energy
- How to actually create a vision board and use it in a way that works!
[This workshop is detailed and intimate. Space is limited and workshop will be capped at 5 people. Purchase your space for $65.]