I'm always looking for new, creative ways to use essential oils. Since DoTerra offers food-grade quality essential oils, I thought it would be fun to try adding some to my baking! Lemon essential oil goes great with the sweetness and blueberry flavor in these muffins. I especially like this recipe because it's easy to make gluten-free or low-sugar. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour (I️ used Bob’s Redmill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour!)
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups sugar (or your favorite sugar substitute)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8-10 drops of DoTerra Lemon Essential Oil
- 1¼ cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Thoroughly grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until it's fluffy. Add your milk, eggs, Lemon Essential Oil and vanilla until well mixed.
- Gradually add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in your blueberries.
- Divide batter among the muffin tins and bake until light golden. This should take about 45 minutes for larger muffins, or about 30 minutes for smaller muffins. Allow the muffins to cool completely and enjoy!